There are general norms of civil law in such scope, but very often legal relations in the IT field are regulated by unnamed contracts or agreements that have complex nature and contain provisions specific to different types of civil transactions. Moreover, the applicable law to the contract is of great importance, as the vast majority of such are concluded between representatives of different countries, who often have never even seen each other.
The field of IT business is one of the most specific regarding the contracts. This fact is related to the transnational nature of the business and its dynamism.
Get a consultation
The VigoLex team provides services for the preparation and/or proofreading of IT contracts of any complexity.
IT contracts can be roughly divided into 3 large groups:
- “Real” contracts that regulate the legal relations between the parties in essence, because of which the rights to the product arise, services are provided, etc. Often, such agreements include license agreements, SaaS agreements, agreements on the creation/transfer of rights to the software, agreement of sale and purchase of goods, service agreements in the field of IT, etc.
- “Technical” contracts that do not directly affect the process of the emergence of rights and/or the provision of services, but which regulate the related legal relations between the parties. As a rule, such agreements include Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Non-Competition Agreements (NCA), and Non-Solicitation Agreements (NSA). For the specifics of these agreements, see the article “NDA, NCA, NSA – popular agreements in the IT field, but do they work in Ukraine?“
VigoLex provides approximate tariffs for the preparation of IT contracts.
The VigoLex team provided full, high quality, and efficient legal support for the “Charivniy Svit.UA” project. I am grateful to the company’s specialists for their professional advice regarding copyright and legal support for the development and launch of a mobile app.
Nik Lysytskiy Project Coordinator in «Charivniy Svit.UA»
Get a consultation
Conventionally, all IT contracts can be divided into 3 main groups:
- Real contracts are the contracts under which services are provided between the parties, the ownership to the product is transferred, etc.;
- Public offer is a kind of real contracts, suitable for platforms that are launched for an indefinite number of users;
3. Technical contracts are the agreements that ensure the operation of certain aspects of real contracts (NDA, NCA, etc.).
The contracts terms are always based on the real mechanics of the parties’ interaction, therefore, as many mechanics as there are methodologies for developing contracts.
Among the main ones, the following should be highlighted:
- Agile is a format of a flexible contract with hourly wages and approval of the TT in the course of work;
- Waterfall is a contract for work under a cascade system with fixed TT, milestones, terms and cost of services;
- Scrum technology is a contract focused on work under sprints and kanban;
• Other formats such as DSDM, FDD, BDD.