Malta is a rapidly developing country in the European Union, which, thanks to a flexible tax system and progressive legislation, has long been considered one of the centers of international trade. In addition, the Malta government aims to establish the status of a “blockchain island” for the state.
Malta is included in the list of the most favorable jurisdictions for conducting gambling business, since the state provides maximum protection and confidentiality to gambling market participants
By choosing Malta, you get the following benefits:
- A company in the EU member state that is not in the “black” and “gray” lists.
- Security and confidentiality.
- Avoidance of double taxation with many countries.
- Comfortable conditions for the legal conduct of gambling business, including online, obtaining gambling licenses.
- Opportunity to obtain an ICO license and conduct activities in the field of cryptocurrencies.
- Maltese gambling licenses are recognized by all EU countries.
- The corporate tax rate (35%) is one of the highest in Europe, but with proper business structuring it can be reduced by up to 5% through tax refunds.
- Absence of tax on dividends and royalties paid to non-residents.
- Opportunity to choose a bank for opening a corporate account outside Malta.
- Using the services of a nominee shareholder/director.
Business in Malta can be conducted in the following organizational and legal forms:
- Private Limited Company;
- Public Limited Company;
Most often, Private Limited Company is chosen for conducting business in Malta, since in such a company the shareholders’ liability is limited to their contributions to the authorized capital.
Features of Private Limited Company:
- Obligatory choice of the company status as a trading or holding company.
- Minimum authorized capital is EUR 1165.
- Number of shareholders is from 1 to 50.
- A shareholder can be either an individual or a legal entity, regardless of residence.
- A director can be an individual or a legal entity. A shareholder can be a director at the same time.
- Information about shareholders and directors is publicly available, the register of beneficiaries is closed.
- A secretary can only be an individual, including a director.
- A registered legal address in Malta is obligatory.
- Accounting and passing the annual financial audit are obligatory.
- Convocation of the annual General Meeting is obligatory.
Company registration in Malta includes the following stages:
- choice, verification of uniqueness and reservation of the name;
- preparation of documents;
- contribution of the authorized capital;
- registration in the companies register.
What do you need for a company registration:
- unique name;
- copies of passports of beneficiary, shareholders, director;
- if a shareholder/a director is a legal entity, copies of constituent documents;
- bank statement for each beneficiary, shareholder, director, as well as proof of address (utility bill).
VigoLex has excellent experience in working with Malta not only in the corporate and financial field (company registration, opening bank accounts, connecting to payment systems, tax refunds), but also in the gambling field. In particular, VigoLex lawyers helped their clients to collect a full package of documents and obtain a Maltese license for online casino. In addition, VigoLex specialists regularly take part in the annual international gambling exhibition, which is traditionally held in Malta, in order to be in the know of all new products at the market.