The mere fact that Ukraine has been recognized as a “pirate” country for many years, which has received special attention in the field of infringement of intellectual property rights, speaks of the actuality of the issue of protecting these rights. Despite all the complexity of the process, it can and should be done.
It is obvious that in order to protect, first of all, it is necessary to own intellectual property rights and to have documentary evidence of the relevant rights, for example, in the form of a patent, certificate, license agreement, etc.
You can learn how to confirm the intellectual property right by contacting the qualified VigoLex lawyers. Having solved this issue, one should think about high-quality legal support for the protection of such rights and the disputes settlement in the field of intellectual property.
Any action committed without the owner’s consent in relation to the object of intellectual property rights is considered an offense.
Among the most common infringements are:
- distribution and replication of unlicensed computer software;
- production and distribution of samples of audiovisual works and phonograms;
- production and distribution of products with illegal use of trademarks, geographical names and trade names of well-known brands;
- sale and manufacture of goods using patented inventions and industrial designs without the consent of the owner of these rights.
Forms of intellectual property protection:
- jurisdictional, according to which a person can apply for protection of infringed rights to the court or other competent authorities authorized to take certain measures to restore the infringed right;
- non-jurisdictional, which provides for the implementation of the rights protection independently, without applying to the competent authorities.
Each case is unique and for the reliable protection of the client’s intellectual property rights, VigoLex develops a step-by-step plan that allows you to resolve the situation with the least loss for the client.
However, in the absence of an opportunity to apply for a qualified legal support, a person whose rights have been infringed can use minimal resources to protect his/her rights:
- recordingthefactofintellectual property creation: forexample, sendingawork recordingbymailtooneself;
- indicate your name, surname and “©” sign next to the publication;
- recording information in the media and social networks;
- registration of intellectual property rights;
- in the case of infringement, contact the infringer directly with a complaint and a demand to stop illegal actions.
First of all, there are the technical nuances of finding a copyright infringer. Most of the infringements occur in the Internet, therefore, it is important to identify where the infringing content is stored and who is responsible for it – the website user, the hosting provider or the website owner. Also an important issue is the website owner’s jurisdiction and the proof of the copyright object authorship.
In order to protect copyrights in the Internet, law firm VigoLex recommends writing claims and complaints directly to the owners of infringing websites, or using the DMCA procedure to the Google search system, which will hide the website with pirated content from the search system and go to the law for copyright protection and obtaining reimbursement for illegal use of intellectual property.
Nevertheless, to obtain the desired and predictable result, one cannot do without the participation of a professional. The knowledge and experience of VigoLex team is embodied in high-quality support of any issues related to the protection of intellectual property rights.