Curacao is not only the name of a liquor, but also an autonomous island region within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which is located north of Venezuela. Curacao actually has the status of the EU territory.
Curacao was the first territory to start issuing Curacao gambling license in 1996 and has been successfully issuing them up to now. Among the list of gambling licenses the Curacao online gambling license takes the central place. The Curacao online gambling license provides permissions for various gambling activities: poker, Curacao betting license, lotteries, Curacao online casino license etc.
What is a Curacao gambling license?
There are two types of the Curacao gambling license: general license and sublicense.
General license is a type of the Curacao license, which gives not only the right to conduct online gambling activities, but also the right to independently issue sublicenses to others. Since 1996, the general license has been issued to only four companies that have become de facto monopolies at the Curacao licensing market. These companies are:
- Curacao Gaming (CG);
- Antillephone NV;
- Curacao Interactive Licensing NV.
Sublicense is a type of the Curacao license that gives you the right to conduct online gambling activities without the right to further sublicense. Curacao gaming license search shows that this type is considered the “standard license” of Curacao, which is obtained by everyone who wants to start their own gambling business.
How do I get a gambling license in Curacao?
The simplest and the most common way to start working under the Curacao license is to obtain a sublicense from one of monopoly companies, e.g. from Curacao Interactive Licensing
Advantages of the Curacao license:
- Single license: unlike other jurisdictions, the Curacao license gives the right to conduct all types of online gambling. Therefore, there is no need to obtain separate licenses, for example, for poker, lotteries, sport betting, etc.
- Speed of obtaining: despite the fact that there is no single clear term for obtaining the Curacao license, the average time for obtaining it varies around 6 weeks.
- Taxes: The tax load on gambling in Curacao is more than pleasant – 2% corporate net income tax rate set till 2025;
- You may use Curacao gaming license in countries all over the world;
- Other bonuses: the icing on the cake is the comparative simplicity of the procedure for obtaining the Curacao license, for conducting the Curacao gaming license search, as well as the ability to make payments in cryptocurrency.
Documents to obtain
The list of documents and information that must be submitted to obtain a Curacao license for gambling differs depending on the license provider, but the basic list is as follows:
- certified copies of passport (pages with photo and signature);
- police good conduct certificate;
- original of utility bill (to confirm company activities);
- original of letter of recommendation from the bank;
- original of letter of recommendation from accountant or lawyer;
- basic documentation (Service Terms, etc.).
Documents are submitted in English or with English translation. When submitting documents, you must pay the registration fee of EUR 1.500.
The Curacao license for gambling is issued for the period of 5 years.
How much does a Curacao gambling license cost?
Curacao gambling license cost not too much: the annual cost of a license for all gambling types in Curacao can vary from EUR 4.500 to EUR 12.500. For comparison, the annual cost of only a license for 3 out of 4 gambling types in Malta is EUR 25.000. Thus, Curacao gambling license cost is very affordable.
Also take into account the EUR 1.500 license registration fee.
Taxation on Curacao
The standard corporate income tax rate on Curacao is 22%. There are reduced rates of 3% and 0% for particular businesses.
3% corporate income tax rate applies to the following activities:
- building and improvement of aircrafts and vessels;
- call, service and data centers that provide support to enterprise with an annual turnover more than 50 million (ANG) Netherlands Antillean Guilder;
- services provided in Curacao to unrelated investment funds and their managers.
0% corporate income tax applies to income derived from operation with intellectual property.
How we can help?
VigoLex also pays your attention to the fact that in order to conduct gambling activities, you will also need to open a bank account, open a company in Curacao and, optionally, in the EU (for example, Cyprus) – for more efficient business relations with suppliers and contractors.
Our specialists will advise you on the following: which countries can Curacao license work with, whether Curacao gambling license in UK is permitted, how to obtain Curacao online casino license or Curacao betting license etc.