Insurance payments in the case of harm to health
The procedure for assigning, calculating and paying compensation for harm to health was approved by the resolution of the Board of the Social Insurance Fund No. 11 of 07.19.2018.
Thus, upon the occurrence of an insurance case, regional social insurance bodies are obliged to promptly and in full compensate for the harm caused to the victim as a result of harm to his or her health. When an insurance case occurs, you can count on:
– allowance for temporary disability;
– one-time assistance in the event of a permanent loss of professional ability to work or the victim’s death;
– monthly insurance payment of the victim’s lost earnings (hereinafter referred to as the monthly insurance payment);
– insurance payment to the victim in the amount of his or her average monthly earnings in the case of his or her temporary transfer to an easier, lower-paid job.
Calculation of compensation amounts of harm to health
A lump sum and a monthly insurance payment to the victim are assigned when the MSEC establishes a permanent loss of professional ability to work.
One-time assistance to the victim is determined in accordance with the degree of loss of professional ability to work, based on 17 sizes of the subsistence minimum for able-bodied persons, established by law on the day the victim’s right to insurance payment occurs. As of November 2021, this amount is 40 443 hryvnas.
However, keep in mind that if the accident investigation commission found that the harm to health occurred not only for the reasons depending on the insurer, but also as a result of violation of labor protection regulations by the victim, the amount of the lump sum should be reduced, but not more than by 50%.
The monthly insurance payment is established in accordance with the degree of loss of professional ability to work and the average monthly salary of the victim before the occurrence of the insurance case.
At the same time, the maximum amount of the monthly insurance payment should not exceed 10 sizes of the subsistence level established for able-bodied persons on the date of the right occurrence to insurance payment.
The minimum amount of the assigned monthly insurance payment to the victim in terms of 100% loss of professional working capacity cannot be less than the subsistence minimum established for able-bodied persons on the date of the right occurrence to insurance payment.
Documents required for compensation calculation of harm to health
For the assignment of a lump sum and monthly insurance payment, the following documents are submitted to the direction (department) of the Fund:
- an application in person according to the form established by the Executive Directorate of the Fund;
- a copy of your passport;
- a copy of the registration number of a taxpayer’s accounting card (identification number) or passport page (for individuals who, due to their religious beliefs, refused to accept the registration number of a taxpayer’s accounting card (identification number) and officially reported this to the relevant supervisory authority and have a mark in the passport).